Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. The hubs and I are HUGE fans of banana pudding.
Stir in vanilla and fold in whipped topping. Essentially all banana pudding is, is layers of cookies, bananas, and pudding! Banana Pudding is one of those recipes I dream about. You can have Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of Flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 4 of Ripe Bananas.
- Prepare 1 Box of Nilla Wafers.
The creamy layers of pudding, slices of banana, and vanilla wafers that get soft from the pudding…each bite more delectable than the last. It's good the day you make it and somehow even better the next day. The other half of the pudding stayed in the double boiler on low heat and got a good dollop of semi-sweet chocolate chips they melt quickly and VOILA! This banana pudding recipe is about as much of a comfort food in the South as it is a dessert.
Best HOMEMADE Banana Pudding step by step
- Mix sugar and eggs in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour and milk, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently and cook until thickened. Use the wooden spoon method (dip spoon onto pudding and drag your finger in a straight line through the pudding on the spoon. If it dribbles into the line you made, it's not ready)..
- Stirring frequently is important or it will burn and not look pretty.
- Once thickened, take off heat and continue stirring to cool. Add vanilla..
- Pour over a vanilla wafer and banana layer in an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Double recipe for a thick 13×9 dish. Repeat..
- Refrigerate 1 hr for best results.
One that everyone always looks forward to digging into to get the perfect ratio of vanilla wafers, pudding, and bananas. In medium saucepan combine sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to thicken, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Today, I'm sharing the best banana pudding recipe you will ever find.