Arroz Con Leche.
You can cook Arroz Con Leche using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz Con Leche
- Prepare 2 cup of Calrose rice (Soak in water for 1-2 hours).
- It’s of tea.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- It’s 6 of each Whole Cloves.
- It’s 4 of each Cinnamon sticks (approximately 3 inches long).
- Prepare 1 of each Star Anise (whole).
- It’s of In a pot.
- Prepare 1 can of Evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 4 cup of Tea from previous step.
- You need 2 cup of Soaked Calrose rice.
- You need of Towards the end.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of coconut.
- Prepare 1 can of Sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Good vanilla extract.
Arroz Con Leche step by step
- Soak Calrose rice in water for 1-2 hours..
- Meanwhile place spices and water for tea in a pot and bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Let boil in medium heat for 15-20 minutes..
- Once tea is done let cool a little. Strain spices from tea, leave only the cinnamon sticks in it..
- Place evaporated milk, remaining 1 cup water, the 4 cups of prepared tea and coconut milk in pot..
- Bring to a boil, once it starts boiling drain rice and add to pot. Cook on medium heat until rice is cooked through and mixture thickens..
- Once rice is cooked through stir in coconut cream, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar and vanilla..
- Let boil for a little until mixture thickens, make sure you don't let it stick (mixture will thicken up).
- Transfer to glass cake dish to cool, top with ground cinnamon..
- Enjoy!! (:.
- Optional: you can add raisins if you'd like when you boil the evaporated milk before adding the rice..