Sweet Potato Pudding. The Best Almonds Make the Best Almondmilk. Search Our Recipes For New Ideas! Buy Spudsy Sweet Potato Puffs at Amazon.
Stir in the brown sugar, flour, raisins, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt until blended. Great side dish for your Thanksgiving feast! Sweet Potato Pudding Directions Peel cut and grate sweet potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. You can cook Sweet Potato Pudding using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pudding
- You need 8 of medium sized Potatoes.
- You need 2 of medium sized long tatashe.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 sachet of tin tomato.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion bulb.
- It’s 1 of fresh ginger.
- You need leaves of Curry powder or fresh curry.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Maggi.
- You need of Shrimps.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- You need 2 of cooking spoon palmoil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s leaves of Banana.
- Prepare of Ramekins or milk tins for packing the pudding.
Add dark sugar, flour and raisins. Combine Grace Coconut Milk Powder with water, mix well and add to the sweet potato mixture. Add melted margarine,nutmeg,salt, cinnamon powder, vanilla, rum, lime juice and browning and mix well. This easy baked pudding is filled with sweet potatoes, brown sugar and aromatic spices.
Sweet Potato Pudding instructions
- Wash potato, vegetables.
- Peel potato back and use grater to grate into a bowl..
- Grate fresh ginger into it. You can also use ginger powder but it cannot beat the taste of fresh one.
- Roughly blend the tatashe and tomatoes. You can add ball pepper if you love heat. But because of children, I stuck with tatashe..
- Pour into the grated potato and mix well until it is evenly distrubuted.
- Add in the crayfish and shrimps and mix well..
- Add the onions and mix well.
- Add curry, thyme and also mix well.
- Pour in oil and maggi and mix very well.
- Now taste it before adding salt. If it needs salt you can add. Set aside..
- Wash baba leaves. Remove the middle stick as shown in pic..
- Divide leaves into two and then into four parts like this.
- Make this for the number of scooping needed..
- Pour little water in pot and allow to boil. Then pour in the leaves to cook for 2 minutes and remove..
- Now lay the ramekins or milk tin with the leaves and gently scoop the potatoes mix in each milk tin as shown.
- Wrap and hold with toothpicks for firmness.
- Arrange them in boiling water and allow to cook..
- Sweet potatoes pudding is ready. It can be served alone or as side dish or even desserts..
- Happy trying!.
The taste of a sweet potato pie, baked in a sweet and savory side dish. This cake was inspired by the one of the most popular Jamaican desserts, sweet potato pudding. Traditionally, raw shredded sweet potatoes are used, but we found that sweet potatoes sold in the U. S. don't provide the same texture as those in Jamaica. Instead, we mix mashed sweet potato with eggs and flour to get a slightly different, but equally delicious, cheesecake-like result.