Chocolate Pudding. Chocolate Pudding Tips How can I avoid lumpy pudding? Puddings and custards can get lumpy. To prevent lumpy pudding, whisk all the dry ingredients together in a saucepan.
Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding "This is a keeper! Get Chocolate Pudding Recipe from Food Network. Chocolate pudding pie is a three-generation family favorite for us, so I am really picky about how I make it. You can have Chocolate Pudding using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbs of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1/8 of tea salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 of egg yolks, slightly beaten.
- Prepare 2 of tea vanilla extract.
This recipe is smooth, creamy, not too sweet when made properly. Be sure to cook over MEDIUM heat and don't get in a hurry after it boils, give it a few more minutes. This easy, kid friendly treat is a cinch to prepare and a great make-ahead option! My family loves fruit desserts like Rhubarb Crisp and Strawberry Pie but sometimes I just need my chocolate fix!
Chocolate Pudding instructions
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in milk gradually. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute..
- Stir at least half of the hot mixture gradually into the egg yolks. Blend this into the hot mixture in the saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute..
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into dessert dishes..
- Cool slightly before refrigerating..
Light, creamy, rich, and chocolatey, this easy chocolate pudding recipe goes perfectly with fruit or on its own! This chocolate pudding, which is adapted from Dorie Greenspan, is everything you want in a creamy dessert: It's light and airy, just sweet enough, not too sticky, and above all, it tastes of good-quality chocolate. Since pudding travels so well, I have many times taken it on picnics for dessert or brought it to friends' houses for parties. In those cases, I'll usually do something more elaborate, like making a pudding parfait with a graham cracker layer on the bottom, chocolate pudding on top, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. Bake a satisfying chocolate pudding and serve as a family-friendly dessert or showstopping dinner party treat.