Chocolate Panna Cotta. Panna cotta has become a very popular dessert on our shores these last few years, and for good reason. It's a luscious, totally Italian custard, no eggs, just cream and flavorings. This is good served alone or with the slightest dusting of finely ground cocoa nibs or shaved chocolate.
This version with chocolate is by far my favorite way of making panna cotta. It is a smooth, silky, creamy chocolaty dessert, perfect to end any meal. You can serve panna cotta directly from the molds or invert onto a serving plate for a more elegant presentation. You can cook Chocolate Panna Cotta using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Panna Cotta
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping crem.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of marscapone cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, chopped, not chips.
- Prepare of FOR GARNISH.
- It’s of whipped cream.
- Prepare of fresh berries.
Chocolate Panna Cotta, it's creamy and smooth with a rich chocolate flavour. Easy to whip up then left to chill in the fridge, it's the perfect make-ahead dessert for dinner parties, weekends and special occasions. Panna Cotta is a traditional Italian dessert that literally means cooked cream. It's one of the simplest desserts you can.
Chocolate Panna Cotta instructions
- Spray 4 – 8 ounce ramekins with non stick spray, set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup of the cream in a small heatproof bowl to soften for 10 minutes.
- Heat some water in a small skillet and place gelatin bowl in the simmering water until gelitin dissolves. Keep in hot water while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- In a saucepan combine remaing cream, sugar, salt and marscapne cheese and heat just to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in warm melted gelatin mixture and mix well. Strain muxture into a pouring cup.
- Pour into ramekins, cool to room temperature before covering. Refrigerate at least 6 hours to set or overnight.
- To unmold dip each ramekin in a bowl of hot water for a few seconds and invert onto cold serving plate.
- Serve with whipped cram and fresh berries.
Chocolate Panna Cotta is such an easy dessert to make and when it is topped with a fresh strawberry topping it is the perfect special occasion treat. Chocolate Panna Cotta with a Fresh Strawberry Topping. However, in reality, it's rich texture can be incredibly approachable and even kid-friendly. This comes from IGA's list of recipes. My son kept commenting on how cool it was that it jiggles.