Chocolate Rice Pudding (ryzogalo). Chocolate rice pudding (rizogalo). (Alan Benson). Ryzogalo, also written rizogalo, (pronounced ree-ZOH-ga-lo), is the Greek version of rice pudding. This dessert is a favourite with my family, not only as a dessert but as a special treat.
The lemon rind adds a brightness to it. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Today i have for you a delicious dessert that i used to eat a lot when i was a child! You can cook Chocolate Rice Pudding (ryzogalo) using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Rice Pudding (ryzogalo)
- It’s 140 grams of rice, short grain.
- Prepare 250 ml of boiling water.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 liter of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
Vanilla rice pudding with cinnamon (in. Rizogalo is one of my favourite desserts. When making rizogalo, you cant stray too far away from the kitchen, as this dish requires constant stirring. Add rice and water to a large saucepan and place over high heat. "Ryzogalo" is the Greek version of rice pudding.
Chocolate Rice Pudding (ryzogalo) instructions
- Bring the water with the salt to a boil. Add the rice and simmer until all the water is absorbed (~ 12 mins)..
- In another pot warm ~ 3/4 of the milk, add the sugar and honey and stir until the sugar is dissolved..
- Add the sugary milk to the pot with rice and bring to a boil. Simmer for ~15 mins, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile combine the rest of the milk with the corn starch (corn flour) and the cocoa powder..
- Add the chocolate milk to the pot with the rice and the rest of the milk. Simmer until it thickens, ~20 mins, stirring occasionally (it will thicken more when it cools)..
- Spoon into bowls (7 bowls, ~150 g per bowl), top with cinnamon and chocolate chips (optional) or chopped walnuts (optional)..
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate for 4+ hours and serve cold. Store covered in the fridge..
Literally translated it means "rice milk" (ryzo=rice and galo=milk). This baklava makes a special gift and is also fun to put on a party planner. — Jesse Zipursky, San Ramon, California. Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. This easy Greek Rice pudding can also be made vegan if you use almond or coconut How to make this Greek Rice Pudding Vegan.