Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie. Great recipe for Ramona's Chocolate Mousse Pie. This is a rich and wonderful no-bake recipe I made for my friend's birthday. Be sure to let your cream cheese warm to room temperature before using it in this recipe.
Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream and serve. Photo Credit: Ramona King When the chocolate mixture has cooled, gently fold in two-thirds of the whipped cream until completely incorporated. You can have Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Prepare 1 of store bought (or home-made) chocolate graham cracker pie crust.
- It’s 1 (8 oz.) of package of cream cheese room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of + 3 tbs powdered sugar.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of + 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream and serve. Then the pie has a layer of chocolate mousse filling. This filling is made by melting chocolate chips and mixing in an egg yolk, sugar and heavy cream.
Ramona’s Chocolate Mousse Pie instructions
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and cocoa powder. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and mix..
- In separate bowl, beat 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream with 3 tbs of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold this mixture into chocolate cream cheese mixture..
- Place mixture into pie shell and chill for 3-4 hours..
I spread it on top of the crust and then chill the pie for a while. This mousse filling is rich and creamy and adds a delicious chocolate taste to the Oreo cookie pie. You'll love how simple it is to make! These points are based on blue but I am fairly certain they would be the same. Run a knife around the pie to loosen its edges and then remove the side of the pan.