Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding).
You can cook Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding)
- Prepare of Mixture.
- Prepare 1 cup of Maizena (Corn starch).
- Prepare 1/2 can of Coconut milk.
- You need of Mixing in saucepan.
- It’s 3 1/2 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 of Ground cinnamon for garnish (optional).
- You need 1 of Coconut flakes for garnish (optional).
Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding) instructions
- Take your 1 cup of Maizena (or Corn starch) using a whisk, mix well with 1/2 can of coconut milk, until disolved. This will prevent any lumps in the process. Put a medium saucepan to medium heat..
- (Using your whisk) Add your 3 1/2 cups of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 1 cup of sugar, and your mixture of Maizena (corn starch)..
- Whisk for 10 to 15 minutes. You should now be getting a creamy thick constistency. Turn off. Put into your mold/s. You can do individual ones or use a big dish. Let cool for 10 minutes then refridgerate for at least 1 hour or more or even overnight. This recipe will make 14 (5 ounce) servings.
- To unmold (upside down) let your dish/cup sit in cold water. Run a butter knife or knife around edges, set flat surface plate or tray on top, hold tightly and flip. Use ground cinnamon and coconut flakes for garnish if you like..