AMIEs Chocolate RICE Pudding (Champorado). This recipe for chocolate rice pudding is one of my greatest creations yet! Filipinos call it "champorado," and it is absolutely delicious. Put rice and water together in a medium sized pot..
I had a roommate a while back that was freaking out with excitement when she discovered a pot of this was cooking up in the kitchen. Champorado or Filipino chocolate rice porridge is a traditional Filipino breakfast. Champorado (Chocolate Rice Pudding) Recipe by VKuuipo Bridges. You can have AMIEs Chocolate RICE Pudding (Champorado) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Chocolate RICE Pudding (Champorado)
- It’s 4 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sweet rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of condensed or evaporated milk (to garnish).
This is a favorite Filipino recipe. My dad used to make it for me all the time growing up. You can use the condensed milk. Ultimate Slow Cooker Chocolate Rice Pudding (Champorado) By: Manila Spoon.
AMIEs Chocolate RICE Pudding (Champorado) step by step
- Put rice and water together in a medium sized pot..
- Bring to a boil..
- Mix cocoa powder and sugar. Add to the rice and reduce to low heat..
- Cook for 35 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally..
- Transfer in a serving dish and garnish with condensed or evaporated milk..
- Serve, share and enjoy..
Sticky rice cooked in coconut milk and chocolate. This chocolate rice pudding is the ultimate breakfast sweet treat or when served with ice cream – a truly yummy dessert – Champorado! Normally I never buy desserts at the food trucks, simply because I still want to lose weight and the fries are often my sin. Champorado, also called chocolate rice, is versatile. He also ate it chilled as an after-school snack with evaporated milk poured over the top.