Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie. The recipe for this delicious Italian dessert is so simple and the result tastes incredible. The one and only Gennaro Contaldo shows you exactly how to do. Gennaro Contaldo's simple, old-fashioned chocolate pudding can be served either warm or chilled and is very easy to prepare.
A simple, old-fashioned chocolate pudding, which can be served either warm or chilled and is very easy to prepare. The addition of amaretto liqueur in this recipe gives it a bit of a kick but not too much. A perfect dessert to serve when you are in the mood for a little romance! You can cook Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie
- It’s of pudding.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of amaretto.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need of whipped cream topping.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 6 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of amaretto.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of pie.
- You need 2 of graham cracker pie crust (9inch).
Slowly pour hot milk over dry ingredients. Whisk well and bring to a boil over medium low. Learn how to make Chocolate-Amaretto Pudding. Top tip for making Gennaro Contaldo's chocolate and amaretto pudding.
Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie step by step
- In a mixing bowl combine granulated sugar, cocoa and cornstarch (sifting cocoa and cornstarch to remove any clumps) set aside..
- In a large saucepan combine the milk and amaretto.Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling..
- Whisk the cocoa mixture into the saucepan constantly whisking. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for one minute..
- Remove pudding from heat and add the vanilla.Mix to combine.
- Pour pudding into the two pie shells. Cover the pies with plastic wrap (this prevents a film from forming). Refrigerate pies for at least two hours..
- When you refrigerate the pies, place a mixing bowl and whisk in freezer. I use an electric mixer so I put the beaters into freezer.This is for the next step..
- For the whipped topping, a few minutes before serving remove bowl and whisk/beaters from freezer. Place heavy cream in bowl and whisk/beat adding confectioner sugar one tablespoon at a time finishing with the teaspoon of amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.Beat until soft peaks form..
- Slice pie add a dollop of cream and enjoy!.
This dessert can be served either warm or chilled. Chocolate Pudding Pie – with a light and flaky pie crust. It will be love at first bite. ♥ And second bite… and third bite… and fourth bite… Suddenly the entire pie is gone, and there's no one to blame but you. And by you, I mean me. Prepare pudding according to package directions.