Homemade Chocoate Pudding. Want To Learn How To Make Delicious Pudding? Compare Prices on Chocholate Pudding in Bakeware. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.
In a saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Place over medium heat, and stir in milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. You can cook Homemade Chocoate Pudding using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocoate Pudding
- You need 1 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 6 tbs of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 1/2 cup of milk (I used nonfat).
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare of For the whipped topping.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 4 tbs of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Homemade chocolate pudding is so rich and creamy for an amazing treat. It is actually very easy to make homemade pudding and you won't ever go back to store bought! Your family will thank you later. This homemade chocolate pudding is easy to quickly put together, the only tricky part is slowly tempering a beaten egg with a hot cocoa mixture.
Homemade Chocoate Pudding instructions
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt together. Mix well..
- On medium heat, stir in milk and continue to stir until mixture thickens. It will eventually come to a boil, just keep stirring until pudding thickens..
- Once pudding has thickened, add butter and vanilla. Turn off burner and stir for another minute..
- Place in a dish and use saran wrap to seal tight. Place in refrigerator for minimum of 1 hour before serving..
- For whipped topping, add all ingredients listed under whipped topping section into a mixing bowl..
- Using a powered mixer, mix on high speed until the mixture is firm. You will know when you are done, trust me. If you are doing this by hand with a wired whisk, I highly commend and bow down to you because it will take a while. Great workout if using the by hand-method..
- Arrange pudding in a dish and top with the whipped cream. Sprinkle with a hint of unsweetened cocoa and enjoy :).
By tempering the beaten egg, we slowly heat it up by adding a small amount of hot cocoa mixture to it at a time. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue whisking for a couple minutes until the pudding is thickened. Remove the pudding from the heat and stir in the chocolate or vanilla extract. Pour the pudding into a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding so a skin doesn't form. Refrigerate for an hour or two until chilled.