Lemon Bread Pudding.
You can cook Lemon Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bread Pudding
- Prepare 4 cup of bread cubes, not fresh but slightly dried, the better the bread the better the pudding, though any bread will do.
- You need 1 cup of lemon curd, I used homemade but store bought is fine.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs, I used 5 small eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk, I used 2% but any would be fine, or a combination of milk and cream, the higher the fat the richer the pudding.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract, or lemon extract for more lemon flavor.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of powdered sugar for dusting.
Lemon Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Lightly grease a deep 9"x9" baking dish, or similar size, with butter.
- In a large bowl, toss bread with lemon curd to coat.
- In a separate bowl, wisk eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla till combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Add mixture to bread and toss so that all bread is covered, let sit 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake 45 min covered with foil, then 15 minutes uncovered to brown the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with fresh fruit.