Homemade Banana Pudding Pie.
You can have Homemade Banana Pudding Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Banana Pudding Pie
- It’s 6 oz of Vanilla Wafers.
- It’s 3 medium of bananas.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk.
- You need 3 of Egg yolks.
- You need 2 tsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Meringue.
- Prepare 3 of Egg Whites.
- Prepare 1/4 of White sugar.
Homemade Banana Pudding Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of baking dish with alternating banana slices (cut into 1/4 inch slices)and vanilla wafers.
- To make PUDDING: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 C of sugar with flour. Stir in 1 C of milk. Beat egg yolks and whisk into sugar mixture. Add remaining milk and butter.
- Place mixture over low heat and stir frequently until thickened. Remove from heat and add Vanilla. Pour half of mixture over bananas and wafers while still hot..
- Add s second layer of alternating bananas and wafers. Pour rest of pudding mixture over second layer..
- To make MERINGUE: Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 C sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.Spread meringue over pie pan making sure to cover the entire top..
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until meringue had browned..