Aquafaba chocolate mousse. aquafaba, chickpeas, chocolate, easy, gluten-freego to recipe. I'm so excited to bring this simple yet indulgent vegan chocolate mousse with aquafaba recipe to you, guys. It's the best way to use up the liquid in a can of chickpeas.
Making this mousse really just comes down to whipping up the aquafaba. It's not hard but it might require a little. This vegan chocolate mousse is every chocolate lover's dream. You can have Aquafaba chocolate mousse using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aquafaba chocolate mousse
- Prepare 1 (400 g) of tin chickpeas.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of dessert spoon caster sugar or truvia.
- You need 150 g of dark chocolate, broken into chunks (we used Bournville dark chocolate with orange pieces).
- You need of grated chocolate to garnish.
And the aquafaba gives this delicious vegan dessert the most amazing fluffy texture. So Aquafaba is the viscous canned chickpea liquid, you usually throw away when using the chickpeas. And today I am going to show you how to make a heavenly, vegan and. This recipe was born out of looking at aquafaba mousse recipes that use melted chocolate, some where they make a chocolate sauce.
Aquafaba chocolate mousse step by step
- Drain the chickpea liquid into a large jug. Set the chickpeas aside for another recipe (maybe try my favourite tabbouleh?!).
- Break the chocolate into chunks and melt. We do ours carefully in the microwave in 30 second sessions on medium. Stir it every time – it shouldnt take much longer than 3 lots of 30. You could use a bain marie if you prefer..
- Whilst the chocolate is cooling, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the chickpea liquid. If you like a sweeter taste or are using very dark chocolate, add a dessertspoon of sugar now..
- Use an electric whisk to whisk the liquid. This will take about 10 minutes, longer if you have a hand whisk. You'll know when it's ready when the mixture is really stiff. (We actually turned ours upside down carefully and it stayed in the jug! Make sure you do this slowly though or you might have a mess on your hands!).
- Now add the slightly cooled chocolate to the jug and gently fold into the aquafaba. It will lose some of its volume but it shouldn't become too runny. Make sure all the chocolate is fully incorporated..
- Pour the mousse mixture into 4 glass bowls, ramekins or cups. Freeze for at least an hour before eating. You can chill these in the fridge but you won't get such a firm mousse..
- When ready to eat, remove from the fridge 5 minutes or so before eating and serve with some grated chocolate on top. You could top with whipped double cream if you like but we preferred to keep them as healthy as possible (and vegan if you use vegan chocolate instead).
Apart from that, this Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse is really just as easy as pie! If you decide to give this Aquafaba Chocolate Coffee Mousse a try, let me know! This Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse makes for the fluffiest, most intense, simply the best vegan chocolate mousse ever! It is easy to make, sugar-free vegan and insanely delicious! This best Vegan Chocolate Mousse is a fluffy, light and healthier Mousse au Chocolat made with Aquafaba (vegan egg whites).