Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Preparing Maja Blanca is quick easy. This Filipino dessert is something that I recommend for aspiring home cooks.
Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium. You can have Maja Blanca using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- It’s 2 cup of cornflour.
- It’s Half of cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of small can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 pack of sweet corn.
- You need of Cheese(optional).
- It’s Half of cup Sugar.
Maja Blanca is a creamy and light Filipino favorite dessert made from coconut milk. Mold in individual serving dishes for a fresh take on this light dessert. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl.
Maja Blanca instructions
- In a pot, bring coconut milk to a boil.Add corn, milk, cornstarch, sugar. Adjust fire into low. Stirring constantly, until it becomes fluffy.
- Prepare a moulder or a box. Then slowly pour the mixture. Flatten the surface and sprinkle with cheese on top.When it cools down. Keep in the fridge..
Maja blanca (Tagalog: [ˈmaha ˈblaŋka]) is a Ilocano dessert made primarily from coconut milk and milk. Also known as coconut pudding, it is usually served during fiestas and during the holidays. This dessert is usually served during fiestas and the holidays. Try this tasty maja blanca recipe. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour.