Rice Pudding. With a little investigation, I found that there are two basic. Rice pudding is a wonderful way to use up leftover rice. Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort There are countless ways to make rice pudding, from a simple, egg-less kind, to the custard-like.
Try our easy rice pudding recipes for maximum comfort factor. Rice Pudding Recipe – deliciously creamy, quick and easy treat that makes a good alternative to breakfast oatmeal. It's dusted off with cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with raisins for an ultimate. You can have Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding
- You need 2 cup of Thai glutinous rice.
- It’s 5 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground fresh nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- You need 2 of black cardamom seeds.
- It’s 4 of green cardamom seeds.
- It’s 1 large of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of vanilla bean (or 2 tsp extract).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
This rice pudding recipe is really easy to make, I had a request to make a video on rice pudding, so here we go. Typically served as a desert, but you can eat it whenever you want. Rice Pudding meets all the criteria of a comfort food. That is, it evokes feelings of nostalgia, it is simple to make, uses the most basic of ingredients (milk, rice, and sugar), and tastes good.
Rice Pudding step by step
- Put 3 1/2 cups coconut milk, honey, vanilla and spices in a large saucepan. Reserve remaining coconut milk. Cover and leave at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Put sauce pan on medium high heat and bring to a low boil stirring frequently..
- Reduce to medium and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, stir regularly..
- When it has reduced by 3/4 cup, remove the spices and vanilla bean with a strainer..
- Return to medium high and a low boil, add coconut oil and sugar..
- Add rice and boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes..
- Reduce to low and cover until all liquid is absorbed..
- Stir well and add remaining coconut milk..
- Return to medium high and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly..
- Reduce to low, cover and leave it for 15 minutes..
- If the rice is still too firm, add 1/2 cup coconut milk and repeat until desired consistency..
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and ginger sugar, cinnamon or coco powder..
- Serve warm, enjoy.;-).
There's nothing like it in the world. You've gotta use medium-grain rice when you make rice pudding. The first time I ever had rice pudding was when I was in college. I spent a semester in Spain and This amazing woman often spent all day cooking, and made the rice pudding fresh in the morning. Stir up a dreamy rice pudding for the ultimate comfort food.