Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding). Stir coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan. Spoon a few tablespoons of the coconut milk mixture into a small bowl and stir cornstarch into the mixture. Quick, Luscious Coconut Pudding from Puerto Rico Tembleque, which means "wiggly," is a creamy coconut pudding that's famous throughout Puerto Rico.
Light coconut milk won't give your tembleque the same body or Creamy Chai-Spiced Vegan Rice Pudding. Tembleque is a rich and creamy Puerto Rican coconut pudding dessert that is as fun to make as it is to eat! Made from coconut milk, it's also dairy free! You can have Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding)
- Prepare of Mixture.
- You need 1 cup of Maizena (Corn starch).
- Prepare 1/2 can of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Mixing in saucepan.
- Prepare 3 1/2 can of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s 1 of Ground cinnamon for garnish (optional).
- You need 1 of Coconut flakes for garnish (optional).
Tembleque (tehm-BLEH-kay), from the Spanish temblar, which means "to shake," describes this wiggly coconut dessert to a tee. Just let it chill for a few hours and enjoy it as a snack, a special treat or a mid-day pick-me-up. This pudding is a very common Puerto Rican dessert. To describe it I would say that is a creamy coconut pudding, topped with cinnamon and delicious.
Puerto Rican Creamy Temblequé (Coconut Pudding) step by step
- Take your 1 cup of Maizena (or Corn starch) using a whisk, mix well with 1/2 can of coconut milk, until disolved. This will prevent any lumps in the process. Put a medium saucepan to medium heat..
- (Using your whisk) Add your 3 1/2 cups of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 1 cup of sugar, and your mixture of Maizena (corn starch)..
- Whisk for 10 to 15 minutes. You should now be getting a creamy thick constistency. Turn off. Put into your mold/s. You can do individual ones or use a big dish. Let cool for 10 minutes then refridgerate for at least 1 hour or more or even overnight. This recipe will make 14 (5 ounce) servings.
- To unmold (upside down) let your dish/cup sit in cold water. Run a butter knife or knife around edges, set flat surface plate or tray on top, hold tightly and flip. Use ground cinnamon and coconut flakes for garnish if you like..
In a saucepan combine milk and cream of coconut,corn starch,vanilla and sugar mix very well. Stir constantly on medium high until mixture. The easiest recipe for Puerto Rican tembleque, a creamy and totally vegan coconut pudding served during the holidays. Tembleque recipe – Puerto Rican coconut pudding as silky smooth as custard! The name comes from the Spanish word "to tremble" like the delightful wiggle, jiggle and shake of this dessert.