Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Preparing Maja Blanca is quick easy. This Filipino dessert is something that I recommend for aspiring home cooks.
Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium. You can cook Maja Blanca using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- You need 3/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 4 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 14 oz of condensed milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 15 oz of sweet corn.
Maja Blanca is a creamy and light Filipino favorite dessert made from coconut milk. Mold in individual serving dishes for a fresh take on this light dessert. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl.
Maja Blanca step by step
- Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil..
- Add the sugar, condensed milk and sweet corn then stir until allthe ingredients are even distributed.
- Simmer for 10-12mins..
- Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisked until the cornstarch is diluted..
- Add cornstarch and milk mixture into cooking container and stir continously..
- Allow it to cook while stirring until you come with desired thickness.
- Pour the mixture into a serving tray and flatten the top surface by using a spatula or any flat tool..
- Cool it down and refrigerate for at least an hour..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
Maja blanca (Tagalog: [ˈmaha ˈblaŋka]) is a Ilocano dessert made primarily from coconut milk and milk. Also known as coconut pudding, it is usually served during fiestas and during the holidays. This dessert is usually served during fiestas and the holidays. Try this tasty maja blanca recipe. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour.