Chocolate Haupia pie. This pie is a chocolate coconut lover's dream, very rich and delicious. this recipe is AWESOME! it tastes just like teds bakery chocolate haupia pie in hawaii! thanks traci. A chocolate haupia pie combines the popular dessert with rich chocolate and fresh-baked pie crust for an even more delectable dessert. Chocolate haupia pie is a Hawaiian dessert favorite.
Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer. Chef Jason Hill travels to the North Shore of Oahu to sample one of Hawaii's greatest treats — the chocolate pie at Ted's Bakery. Chocolate pie borrows a bit of Hawaiian culture with its use of coconut milk to create a creamy chocolate pie and traditional coconut topping. You can cook Chocolate Haupia pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Haupia pie
- It’s 12 of individual graham cracker pie shells.
- It’s of Coconut milk (14 oz can).
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut extract.
- It’s 7/8 cup of Dutch chocolate.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s of Whipped cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
So how about a Chocolate Haupia Pie? Chocolate haupia pie is a popular pie found in Hawaii. It's a rich chocolate pie with a coconut Haupia Pie is a widely popular pie found in Hawaii. It can have many different variations but the most.
Chocolate Haupia pie step by step
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Heat 14 ounces of coconut milk, milk, sugar, extract and shredded coconut in a sauce pan to a boil. Gradually add cornstarch mixture to the pan, stirring with a whisk until thickened. Remove from stove and cool..
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave. Pour half of the coconut filling into a bowl. Add the melted chocolate to the pan with the remaining filling. Let the filling cool before assembling the layered pie..
- Evenly portion the chocolate coconut filling in the bottom of the 12 pie shells for the bottom layer. Spoon the coconut filling on top of the chocolate coconut filling..
- Garnish each pie with whipped cream..
- Enjoy, this is a luxurious Hawaiian specialty!.
Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Brownie muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. That's fine and good and all, but sometimes I like graham cracker crust more than pie crust. I also like individual mini-sized desserts. Mix chocolate into one of the bowls of coconut pudding, then pour mixture into the pie crust, spread Recipe courtesy of Hawaii Magazine writer Kalei Talwar.