Daliya Kheer. Daliya Kheer is a popular breakfast dish in India and more so in Northern part of the country. Dalia is made from whole wheat kernels, which are broken into smaller pieces. Sweet Dalia is made by cooking Dalia in milk and sugar.
Like, Share & Subscribe for more videos. Daliya Ki Kheer- Daliya is a popular breakfast cereal in North India and is made with whole wheat grits or broken wheat. It can be made either as a sweet dalia kheer or as savoury dalia. You can have Daliya Kheer using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Daliya Kheer
- You need 1 bowl of daliya.
- Prepare 2 tb of sp pure ghee.
- You need 1 bowl of water.
- You need 2 bowls of milk.
- Prepare 2 tb of sp sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 tb of sp desiccated coconut powder.
- It’s 8-10 of cashew.
- Prepare 8-10 of almonds.
- Prepare 1 tb of sp magaj.
- You need 4-6 of pistachio.
Being a complex carbohydrate, the rate at which it gets digested is slow thus releasing glucose on a slow and sustained rate. Method Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add daliya, stir and cook till it gets nice golden color. Daliya kheer is ready to serve! Rajasthani Daliya Kheer is a delicious dish which is enjoyed by the people of every age group.
Daliya Kheer instructions
- Take 1 bowl daliya. Dry roast in a pressure cooker for 2 minutes on low flame and when it turn pinkish add 2 tb sp pure ghee..
- Roast again for 2 minutes. Keep stirring, Now add 1 bowl of water and cover the lid and pressure cook till 1 whistle. Switch off the flame and let pressure releases automatically..
- Now open the lid and add chopped dry fruits, sugar, desiccated coconut powder, cardamoms powder and cook on low flame for 2 minutes..
- Now add milk and stir well and cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Continue stirring..
- Serve hot garnished with chopped almonds and pistachio..
The recipe by Vandana Jangid teaches how to make Rajasthani Daliya Kheer step by step in detail. This makes it easy to cook Rajasthani Daliya Kheer in your kitchen at home. Dalia kheer is a sweet and healthy dessert made of cracked wheat. One of the many ways that you can cook Dalia for babies, toddlers and kids. Dalia kheer – healthy dessert made with Dalia/ broken wheat/cracked wheat, nuts, and coconut milk!