Tender coconut pudding. I have to admit, I am so reluctant in jelly or pudding as I am not very fond of the texture. For making this I needed fresh tender coconut, which was not available in the US. However, in kerala tender coconut is found in abundance.
Do try this easy tender coconut pudding recipe and enjoy!. Tender coconut or elaneer is a natural body coolant and its very refreshing to have it during summer. Tender Coconut pudding is often served as dessert for functions in Goa. You can cook Tender coconut pudding using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tender coconut pudding
- It’s 2 cups of Tender coconut kernal(soft part).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Tender coconut water.
- You need 6 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of Milk.
- It’s of Sweet condensed milk half cup.
- It’s 10 gm of China grass.
- It’s 1 cup of Hot water.
I always thought that making it was very difficult. However, last time when I visited my mom she made Tender Coconut pudding and I realized that it is quite a simple recipe to make. During summer it is a must at our home on every alternate day. Along with consuming as such there are many recipes you can make with tender coconut like this pudding for instance.
Tender coconut pudding instructions
- Soak China grass in hot water for 5 min. Grind the tender coconut kernal with tender coconut water and 2 tbsp sugar in a mixer..
- Heat milk, add the remaining sugar.stir it well. At the same time, melt the soaked China grass over boiling water without any lumps..
- Add this to the milkmix.then stir it again.add sweet condensed milk and stir it 2 min on low flame. Remove from heat..
- Add Coconut mix and mix it well. Pour it into a pudding mould.Cool it and refrigerate it 15 min..unmould it and decorate it with cherries or grated chocolate or Coconut flakes.
This tender coconut pudding is very popular in south India. Easy recipe made with simple ingredients. This pudding is so easy to make, you need few basic ingredients. But i am sure your kids will. Now add the tender coconut pulp mixture into the now cool milk mixture and blend well.