Whole moong dal kheer. This Moong Dal Kheer is healthy, nutritious and low fat. We all loved Moong Dal Kheer at home! Serve moong dal kheer recipe warm or chilled.
In this recipe I have used yellow mung lentils. Some spices and herbs are also added. this recipe of moong dal chilla is one of the first recipes that I learnt from my mom. She would make it often and still does makes them now. You can cook Whole moong dal kheer using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole moong dal kheer
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green moong dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Crushed cashew nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of Grated coconut.
- You need 1 tbsp of Raisins.
- You need 1 tbsp of Clarified butter.
Moong dal payasam is a delicious sweet dish made with moong dal, jaggery, coconut milk, ghee and nuts. Kheer and payasam are the terms that refer to Indian puddings mostly cooked with milk. Moong dal payasam is a traditional South Indian variety & is also known as paruppu payasam or parippu. Moong dal kheer prepared with homemade moong dal kheer mix, which is very simple and very yummy.
Whole moong dal kheer step by step
- Wash and soak moong dal over night with two cup of water.
- Pressure cook green moong dal with one cup of water,after 4 – 5 whistle turn off the flame..
- Heat a pan with jaggery and water to boil,once boiled add the cooked moong dal and cardamom powder and mix it well..
- Add milk and cook for five mins and turn off the flame.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan add cashew nuts,raisins and grated coconut fry it and add into the payasam..
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts.
Moong Dal kheer is a different variety of dessert, which uses all natural ingredients. Because of the ingredients, it is so delicious and healthy. Place Jaggery in a heavy bottomed microwave safe bowl and add a little amount of water. Make the protien and fibre rich Whole Green Moong dal. Serve this amazing dish with Chapati , Parantha, Naan or Rice.