Sago Kheer. Sago Kheer (often confused with Tapioca Pudding) is made with Milk, Sago Pearls, Sugar, Saffron, Cardamom and Kewra essence. Javvarisi Payasam, Sabudana Kheer, Sago Kheer is a type of milk pudding made with the use of sago seeds. The small white pearls cooked with milk and sugar to make a delicious dessert perfect for any.
Sabudana Sago Kheer / Tapioca Pudding.. Potato and Sago Kheer?-Sweet potatoes give a new identity to the traditional sabudana kheer. Sabakki payasa or sago kheer recipe explained with step by step pictures. You can cook Sago Kheer using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sago Kheer
- You need 1 bowl of sago.
- You need 2 glass of milk.
- It’s 6-8 of raisins.
- It’s 8-10 of almonds.
- You need 8-10 of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 8-10 of pistachio.
- You need 2 tbsp of grinded coconut.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 of Green cardamos.
- It’s 6-8 of Kesar/saffron strands.
- Prepare As needed of water for soaking sago.
Sabakki payasa or sabbakki payasam is prepared using sabudana, milk and sugar. I fell in love with Sabudana /Sago when my mom made Sabudana Kichidi for me. Sabudana kheer recipe or sago kheer recipe is one popular, easy and most loved kheer recipe across India. You can prepare this tasty kheer as dessert for Diwali, holi festivals.
Sago Kheer step by step
- Wash and Soak sago for an hour. Then drain the water..
- Boil milk. When boiling point comes slow the flame and let it simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or till it gets thick. Add saffron and coarsely grinded cardamoms..
- Chop all the dry fruits and keep ready. Add sago pearls in milk..
- Keep stirring for 10 minutes on low flame. Add sugar and stir..
- Add chopped dry fruits and stir on low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame..
- Serve hot garnished with chopped cashew and pistachio..
Yahh of course we all know this but hurray how exciting is this, still can't believe it. Sago (Saboodana) Kheer recipe: Try this Sago (Saboodana) Kheer recipe, or contribute your own. Wash and allow sago to fluffy up in the drained moisture. Mix into the milk and put to boil.. Sabudana Kheer, Sago Kheer is a type of milk pudding made with the use of sago seeds.