Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer. Enjoy the tasty and nutritious Pasiparupu Payasam /Moong Dal Kheer. If you like this video, don't forget to Subscribe, Like and Share. Moong dal payasam is a delicious sweet dish made with moong dal, jaggery, coconut milk, ghee and nuts.
During festive occasions, payasam is one dish that is made in most households. what is payasam in south India, is called as kheer in north India. Fry moong dal with little ghee until you get the roasted fragrance. Moong Dal (Pasi Paruppu) Payasam is made by sweetening moong dal mash with jaggery. You can cook Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer
- It’s 1 cup of moong dal.
- Prepare 50 gm of sago (sabudana).
- Prepare 1 cup of jaggery.
- You need 2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut chunk.
- You need 4-5 of cashews.
- It’s 4-5 of raisins.
- Prepare 3 of cardamon.
- You need 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
The mixture is thinned with coconut milk and flavoured with cardamom and other spices. Dry roasting the dal before cooking gives a rich aroma to the payasam, while coconut milk gives it a pleasant flavour. This is a very traditional Tamil Brahmin style of making paruppu payasam. It does not require coconut milk.
Pasiparu payasam moong dal kheer step by step
- Dry roast the moong dal until aroma comes.. Wash the dal 2 tyms.. And cook for 2 whistle.
- On the other side cook the sabudana (sago) until it's become transparent.
- After that transfer the cooked moong dal into a wide cook pan..add the cook sago.
- Cook for few mins add jaggery… Cook until it's get dissolve.. Add coconut milk.. Let it comes to boil.
- Add the cardamon crush…. Heat coconut oil.. Roast the coconut chunk and nuts.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients nuts into the kheer cook until it becomes thick..serve it.
I have already posted the Kerala style In the same pan roast pasi paruppu and kadalai paruppu (if using) separately until you get a nice aroma of roasted dal. Immediately add water to the dal. Pasi Paruppur Payasam is a traditional South Indian Payasam made of moong dal and jaggery. This is very healthy payasam and is made during festivals. If you roast the moong dal and make payasam the entire house would be spread with divine aroma and the payasam tastes awesome.