Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Preparing Maja Blanca is quick easy. This Filipino dessert is something that I recommend for aspiring home cooks.
Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium. You can cook Maja Blanca using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- You need 1/2 cup of Cornflour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Coconut milk.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Grated coconut fresh or dessicated coconut powder.
- You need 1 cup of Sweet corn kernels.
Maja Blanca is a creamy and light Filipino favorite dessert made from coconut milk. Mold in individual serving dishes for a fresh take on this light dessert. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl.
Maja Blanca instructions
- Mix coconut milk, sugar and cornflour until lump free. Stir it continuously on a medium flame at first and as it starts thickening, lower the flame..
- After it thickens up a little, stir in the sweet corn kernels. This is purely optional. I have added for flavour and creaminess. The combination is heavenly..
- Mix well and keep stirring until it becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan. Grease a rectangular serving dish and empty the cornflour mix into it..
- Let it cool down a bit before refrigerating it. Cover it and keep refrigerated for nearly 2 to 3 hours. Toast the grated coconut or the coconut powder slightly and sprinkle it generously on the dessert before serving. Slice it and enjoy it chilled..
- Maja Blanca is a Filipino American dessert made in every home on important occasions like New Year's Eve, Christmas, Potluck's, Thanksgiving etc. The consistency is usually thick, creamy and is milky white in colour. The name has a rich historical background having originated from Spain when Philippines was under Spanish rule and adapted from the famous Spanish holiday called as Major Blanco, which actually means white delicacy. Happy Dessert Time Folks!.
Maja blanca (Tagalog: [ˈmaha ˈblaŋka]) is a Ilocano dessert made primarily from coconut milk and milk. Also known as coconut pudding, it is usually served during fiestas and during the holidays. This dessert is usually served during fiestas and the holidays. Try this tasty maja blanca recipe. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour.