Purple rice kheer. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian dessert that every Indian grows up eating. Flavored with cardamom, nuts & rose. In This Video we are going to see how to make rice kheer.
Korean Purple rice is white rice cooked with black rice. Korean purple rice is called Heukmi bap 흑미밥 in Korean, which literally means Black Rice Rice. Korean purple rice is cooked Korean rice that has a purple hue. You can cook Purple rice kheer using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Purple rice kheer
- It’s 1 cup of Purple rice/forbidden rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh coconut.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1 cup of Jaggery.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ghee.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Straberry pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Pistachios pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mango fruit pieces.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Saffron.
- It’s 1 tsp of Edible Silver sprinkles.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Honey.
We call it heukmi bap (흑미밥) in Korean and it means black rice. But why do some people refer it as purple rice instead of black rice? Purple rice's color is created by a flavonoid called. Kheer Recipe: Kheer is a rice pudding made across India, it is simlar to rice payasam made in south Indian homes.
Purple rice kheer step by step
- Soak the purple rice for 6 hours, drain water and wash with fresh water and pressure cook it. Grinde freshly grated coconut along with water, strain the coconut milk with strainer..
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add jaggery, once it melts add cooked purple /forbidden rice, coconut milk, cardamom powder mix well. Once it boils -turn off gas and allow to cool.Once it cools- add milk mixed with honey to it.Now forbidden rice kheer is ready..
- Transe purple rice kheer to serving glasses and pieces of strawberry, mango, pista, saffron and silver sprinkles..
One of the most favourite Indian dessert rice kheer can. However, purple rice has the edge over brown rice because it contains more protein and fiber than Purple rice is also better for you than brown rice because of the dark pigments that give the rice its. Rice Kheer was usually prepared on special occasions and rituals like Diwali, Durga puja, birthdays, wedding buffets among others. What makes this particular recipe more delightful is its perfect balance. Discover how to make purple rice.