Indian Rice Pudding. This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding. Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the quintessential Indian dessert that every Indian grows up eating.
It's traditionally made with milk, sugar, and Basmati rice (or rice, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn), and flavored with. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking. Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl. You can cook Indian Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian Rice Pudding
- It’s 1/4 cup /50 grams of Rice.
- You need 3 tsp of Chopped nuts.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ghee.
- It’s 3-4 of Green cardamom or ¼ tsp powder.
- Prepare 1 liter of Whole milk.
- It’s 5-7 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Grated coconut.
Add the sugar and taste, adding more sugar if you want it sweeter. Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. There's no denying that rice pudding is at the top of the list when it comes to comforting desserts. The difference in the Indian rice.
Indian Rice Pudding step by step
- Rinse the rice until water turns clear. Then soak the rice in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes are up, drain the rice using a colander and set aside..
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Then add 1 teaspoon of ghee to it and then add the soaked & drained rice. Also, add 3-4 crushed cardamom pods..
- Toss the rice with the ghee and cardamom for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until aromatic..
- Add the milk to the pan and stir well. Set heat to medium-high..
- Let the milk come to a boil, this will take around 10-12 minutes. Stir in between so that milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan..
- The milk has come to a boil, lower the heat to low and let the kheer cook for around 25 minutes on low heat..
- The milk will reduce considerably after 25 minutes and the kheer would look thick and the rice will be completely cooked..
- Add in the sugar and mix. Also, add in the nuts..
- Cook the kheer for 5 more minutes after adding the sugar and nuts..
- Remove pan from heat. I love mine chilled and serve it after chilling it in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours..
- Recipe Note – You can flavor the kheer with saffron. For that, crush saffron strands and add to 1-2 tablespoons of warm milk..
Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Indian rice pudding, or Indian Kheer, is made by boiling rice, milk, sugar, and tasty ingredients into a delicious pudding you can make in your Instant Pot! The Kheer will be creamy, aromatic. Firni – Rice Pudding – a dessert from Indian Subcontinent.