Coconut kheer. This recipe makes very nice kheer. The coconut milk is a creative addition that really enhanced the flavor. The liquid-to-rice ratio was perfect in the finished dessert, with the rice swimming in the delicately sweet, creamy base.
The thick texture is simply delicious, everyone in your family will love this Coconut kheer. Coconut Rice Kheer or Payasam is creamy indulgent Indian dessert. It often is prepared to celebrate special occasions and during festivals. You can have Coconut kheer using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut kheer
- You need 500 ml of milk.
- Prepare 5 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Saffron strands.
- You need 2 of Cardamom pods.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut.
This vegan and gluten free kheer is just as delicious and satisfying as traditional one. Fragrant basmati rice is cooked with milk and cream ( plant based ) and infused with saffron, nutmeg and cardamom. Coconut Kheer Recipe – About Coconut Kheer Recipe Nariyal Ki Kheer:A delicious coconut and milk pudding made across India, quite similar to the Rice Payasam made in South Indian homes.
Coconut kheer step by step
- First boil the milk then add saffron and give it a mix then add sugar and boil it for two mins..
- Grind coconut and cardamom and keep aside..
- Once the sugar dissolves add coconut and boil for two mins.Chill in the fridge for half hour..
- Lastly add soaked Sabja seeds, garnish with saffron and serve chill..
One of the most favourite Indian dessert, this Coconut milk kheer recipe can be made very quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. It is indeed the perfect dish to celebrate a festival or just cook it. Use raw rice only for this Rice Coconut Kheer. Use fresh and mature coconut only. Desiccated coconut or copra won't work for this recipe.