Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding. Healthy & easy way of making rice pudding/kheer without refined sugar and without dairy. An absolute favourite in our house and so simple! The Best Jaggery Pudding Recipes on Yummly
Kheer is Indian rice pudding made with only three basic ingredients- rice, milk and sugar. And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios. You can cook Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding
- Prepare 1 litre of full fat milk.
- You need 100 gm of basmati rice (short grain with aroma… kamni chawal).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of date palm jaggery.
The quantities and times are accurate for this recipe. Kheer is an Indian rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. Instead of rice, make the kheer using only almonds and pistachios and flavor with cardamom and saffron. Personally, I would try making this with coconut milk as it is creamy in texture like milk and make it.
Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding step by step
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
- Boil milk and then add rice and cook on slow flame….. stirring in between ensuring that the rice does not stick to the pot..
- Once the rice is fully cooked that it can be mashed easily then add the grated jaggery and fresh grated coconut and mix well… at this step u will have to constantly stir the kheer otherwise it will stick to the pot…
- While stirring the kheer mash the rice with the back of the spoon… the texture will become thick and creamy… once it's all done… immediately transfer to serving bowls or glasses and cool in refrigerate for at least 3 hours… serve cold.
Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding with a tropical kick – super easy to make, a real joy to eat and it's vegan too! Maybe even better than the "original"? Coconut Rice Pudding – A dense dish. While it's cooking, this dish looks like it will just make small portions. To me, Rice Pudding is serious comfort food.