Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli. In Bengal, Makara Sankranti is celebrated as the harvest festival Poush. The Dudh Puli / Kheer Puli is ready now. Have it immediately or cover and keep it overnight.
Nolen Gur or fresh palm jaggery is a very loved jaggery in Bengal and Orissa which only comes to market only during winter months. I have grown up witnessing my mom preparing amazing delicacies with Nolen Gur/ Patali Gur. Dudh puli pitha recipe step by step – Dudh puli is a traditional bengali pithe or pitha and Makar Sankranti or poush sankranti(in Bengal) is the best time to make it at home. You can cook Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli
- It’s 2 liter of full cream milk.
- You need 2/3 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of semolina/ suji.
- You need 2 cups of grated coconut.
- It’s 3 cups of patali gud/date palm jaggery.
Bengali style Dudh puli means half-moon shaped stuffed rice cake or dumpling cooked in dudh or milk. Chirer Dudh Puli is a Bengali Style Rice Dumpling kheer which you can make for special occasions, festivals or with your weekend meals. A delicious Bengali dessert that can be served as a dessert after your meal of Dhokar Dalna, Bengali Style Sheem Poshto and Luchi for your Lunch or dinner. Dudh Pithe or Dudh Puli is a traditional recipe especially prepared during Sankranti which is known as Poush Parbon.
Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli instructions
- In a pan add grated coconut & cook on slow flame..
- Add 1/3 of the patali gud/ date palm jaggery & cook until the mixture reduces to 1/3..
- Keep stirring.Then switch of the flame & transfer the mixture into a bowl to cool down..
- Meanwhile in a kadhai mix rice flour & semolina with hot water by stirring continuously & make a soft dough like consistency.No lumps should be there..
- Transfer the rice flour, semolina mixture to a bowl, mix well to form a dough..
- Cut the dough into equal 20 pieces & make small balls..
- Take a ball & flatten it using your palm & finger & place 1 tsp of coconut, jaggery stuffing in the middle..
- Seal from both sides designed it with a fork & give the puli. A shape of half-moon. Make all the pulies..
- Take the milk in a deep bottom vessel & start boiling it. Until the milk reduced to 2/3..
- Now take one cup boiling milk & mix jaggery with it. Add this mixture to the boiling milk & mix well..
- Now add the pulis one by one into the boiling milk & cook for few mints till the milk thicken..
- Once the desired consistency reached, switch off the flame. Wait to cool & then serve the delicious dudh puli & enjoy..
Dudh pithe is nothing but rice dumpling with coconut & jaggery stuffing and dipped in reduced milk (kheer). These dumplings are made in crescent shape. Steamed Pitha Both are sweet Recipies. U Have to eat steamed Pitha with Nolen Gur (Semi liquid form of Date Palm Jaggery ). Steamed Pitha is same like Steamed.