Jaggery kheer. Kheer prepared with jaggery is a traditional recipe belonging to Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Consuming Jaggery kheer, especially during winters, tastes really scrumptious. Arisi Paruppu Payasam/Rice & Dal Jaggery Kheer -Tamil New Years Day Special, Bellam Paramannam
It can easily be made at home by using simple ingredients. All you need is some jaggery, almonds, coconut, rice, milk. Rice kheer recipes with jaggery have a unique taste and nutritious too. You can have Jaggery kheer using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jaggery kheer
- It’s 300 gm of rice.
- You need 1/2 Litre of milk.
- You need 1 of medium coconut grated.
- It’s 1/2 litre of water.
- You need 50 gm of cashew grated.
- Prepare 50 gm of almond grated.
- You need 800 gm of jaggery.
Jagerry rice kheer recipe must be tried for its nutritional benefits. Children who are adamant to take any nutritious food, should. Jaggery is an unrefined sugar made from cane or palm. It's claimed to have health benefits, but is it any better than white sugar?
Jaggery kheer instructions
- Heat milk and water in a container…then add the rice and cook it..till the rice becomes soft….
- Then add the grated coconut, cashew, almond and Jaggery…cook till the jaggery melts and it becomes dry….
- Sweet and tasty kheer is ready….
Jaggery is a traditional non-centrifugal cane sugar consumed in Asia. DIRECTIONS In a mixer, grind the coconut and jaggery to a fine paste. Heat a tsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts and raisins separately. Jaggery replaces sugar in this rice and milk kheer. Add the jaggery water to the rice mixture and mix well.