Wheat Dahlia Kheer. Daliya Kheer or Meetha Daliya is a healthy and delicious Indian dessert made with broken or cracked wheat. Daliya Kheer is a popular breakfast dish in India and more so in Northern part of the country. Dalia is made from whole wheat kernels, which are broken into smaller pieces.
Instead of sugar, it also uses jaggery which is pumped with iron. This wholesome, satisfying kheer can be prepared in little time, making it a good option when your. Daliya Ki Kheer- Daliya is a popular breakfast cereal in North India and is made with whole wheat grits or broken wheat. You can cook Wheat Dahlia Kheer using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wheat Dahlia Kheer
- It’s 1/2 cup of wheat dahlia.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of clarified butter (desi ghee).
- It’s 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of dessicated coconut powder.
- You need 3 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown /white sugar.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need of To make Cookpad Logo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped pistachios.
- It’s 2 tsp of condesed milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chocolate powder.
It can be made either as a sweet dalia kheer or as savoury dalia. Being a complex carbohydrate, the rate at which it gets digested is slow thus releasing glucose on a slow and sustained rate. Broken wheat kheer popularly known as "Godhi huggi" or "kuttida godhi payasa" is a famous traditional North Karnataka delicacy usually prepared during special occasions. This Broken Wheat Kheer is a very healthy, filling and super-tasty pudding prepared with cracked wheat (dalia), jaggery and milk.
Wheat Dahlia Kheer step by step
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee. Add bay leaf and Dahlia. Fry in low medium heat till golden brown. Add 2 cups of water and cook for 2 whistles. Let it allow to cool..
- Add condensed milk, 1 cup of warm water, sugar, salt,coconut powder, pista and cardamom power. Cook in low medium heat continuously with a spatula to get a thick consistency of Dahlia..
- Grease a container with ghee and transfer the cooked Dahlia to it. Keep it to cool down. Mix chocolate powder and condensed milk well and make the cookpad logo. Thanks.
Hope the cookpad would like and appreciate. Dalia kheer – healthy dessert made with Dalia/ broken wheat/cracked wheat, nuts, and coconut milk! Dalia is a great healthy food for babies and kids, hence its recommended to include them in their diet at least once in a week. It's high is fiber count when compared to wheat, as the former. Dalia has been a part of the Indian cuisine since ages.