Sago Pudding. Find Deals on Sago Pudding in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Try Drive Up, Pick Up, or Same Day Delivery. Sago pudding is a sweet pudding made by boiling sago with either water or milk and adding sugar and sometimes additional flavourings.
Grease a large pudding dish lightly. Heat milk to nearly boiling, then add sago, salt, and nutmeg or cinnamon. Simmer over very low heat until sago is transparent. You can have Sago Pudding using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sago Pudding
- You need 100 gms of sago or Sabudana.
- It’s 50 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Coconut milk (240 ml Cup).
- It’s For of Fresh fruits:-.
- Prepare 1 of small apple chopped into small pieces.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare as required of Dry fruits to garnish:-.
- Prepare as required of Almonds thin slices.
- You need as required of Pistachio slices.
- It’s For of Pomegranate sauce:-.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Pomegranate juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of powder sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sago powder.
Separate the eggs, and whisk the yolks. Sago pudding is a sweet pudding made by boiled sago with either water or milk and adding sugar. It is made in many cultures with varying styles One of my favorite desserts growing up was tapioca or sago pudding. It is one of those comfort foods that conjures up happy childhood memories.
Sago Pudding instructions
- To make sago Pudding keep all these ingredients ready..
- Wash sago.Heat 750 ml or 3 cups water in a vessel. when it starts boiling, add washed Sabudana and keep stirring, to avoid sticking at the base.When sago becomes translucent, off the flame.Test by pressing one sago pearl whether it is cooked well. Drain all water. Add cooked sago in cold water to remove all starch..
- In a pan add cooked sago, add Coconut milk and sugar. Heat on medium flame and keep stirring till it becomes thick inconsistency.off the flame. Take out the mixture in a bowl and keep in the fridge for 1-2 hrs..
- In a pan take Pomegranate juice, add sugar and sago powder.mix well and keep stirring for a min till it becomes thick like sauce consistency.off the flame. Take out in a small bowl. Let it cool. Keep in fridge to cool..
- While serving, take out Pudding and sauce from the fridge. In serving Cups, at the bottom make a layer of Pomegranate pearls and chopped apple, then make a layer of chilled Sago Pudding, then a layer of Pomegranate sauce, again sago Pudding, fresh fruits and on top garnish with chopped Almonds and pista slices. Serve the delicious, chilled, Coconut flavored sago pudding..
A delicious gluten-free dessert, sago is super and cheap to make. There are loads of variations and it's the perfect warming treat! Boil milk & stick cinnamon on high heat until boiling , reduce heat & remove stick cinnamon. Use an electric mixer and stiffen the egg whites and fold into the sago mixture. Spoon the sago mixture into an oven dish.