Steamed Coconut Dumplings in Kheer. Rice is also mixed in Coconut Kheer when made in the South Indian way, but in North India this Kheer is made with raw coconut without adding any rice. Rice is excluded so that it can also be eaten during fasts. Today we will prepare delicious Kheer from raw and sweet coconut.
The Best Filling for Steamed Dumplings. I love my dumplings filled with ground pork and some shrimp. Steamed dumplings are a healthy and satisfying appetizer or side dish. You can cook Steamed Coconut Dumplings in Kheer using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Coconut Dumplings in Kheer
- You need 1 cup of scraped coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of milk powder or.
- You need 2 tbsp of Condensed milk.
- It’s 300 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 7-8 of cashewnuts chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of khowa grated.
If you don't have a bamboo steamer, a rice cooker with a steaming basket works great. Whether you make them from scratch or buy them frozen from the market, they're usually steamed in a bamboo steamer. Try out my grandmothers recipe for making delicious steamed sweet coconut dumplings better known as modak in India. Steamed dumplings are a great starting point if you want to take up challenge of making fresh dumplings for the first time.
Steamed Coconut Dumplings in Kheer step by step
- Boil milk with 2.5 tbsp sugar in low flame.Dilute powder milk and mix it to boiling milk.If using condensed milk adjust sugar.Boil till milk is reduced and becomes thick.Add coconut milk and boil. Meanwhile scrape coconut.Dilute 2 tbsp sugar with 2 tbsp water in a wok.Add coconut, khowa and toss till dry.Crush cardamom and add little to milk and little to coconut.Set aside.Meanwhile knead flour with 1 pinch salt and ghee and water.Knead to a stiff dough..
- Make balls out of the dough.Make a cup like shape and stuff coconut filling.Gather the edges and give it a twist.Steam dumplings for 5 minutes.Give it just a boil in kheer and garnish with chopped nuts,raisins and rose petals..
Easy Coconut dumplings Recipe: Step by Step Coconut dumplings Recipe, Tips to make As the name suggests, coconut dumplings are made from coconut, jaggery powder, rice flour and cumin seeds. Coconut is not really Chinese, but this version of steamed buns with coconut filling is popular in Indonesia. STEAM Bring water in the steamer to a boil first, then lower the heat to medium. The Best Coconut Flour Dumplings Recipes on Yummly Crock Pot Beef Stew With Coconut Flour Dumplings, Chinese Pork Dumplings, Puff Pastry Apple Dumplings.