Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb. It's served as dessert and even as breakfast and snack. It is also perfect for Suhoor during Ramadan. HOW TO MAKE THE LEBANESE RICE PUDDING (Riz Bi Haleeb): This is a super simple recipe to make.
Rice pudding is a universal dessert as every country has one recipe of its own. Lebanese Rice Pudding – Riz bi Haleeb Orange blossom water is a flavoring syrup made by distilling flowers from orange trees and is generally added to many Arabic/Turkish/Lebanese desserts. It can be typically found in Middle Eastern grocery stores or can be purchased online. You can cook Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb
- It’s 5 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Beirut & Riz Bi Haleeb- Rice Pudding with Mastic & Orange Flower Blossom. I always love a really good Lebanese rice pudding. It is so easy to make and a blend of some of my favorite flavors. This one in particular has one I don't get to use so often; mastic gum.
Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb step by step
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put the milk and rice with ½ cup water and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir until the mixture thickens..
- While continuously stirring, add sugar and the dissolved cornstarch..
- After 5 min, turn the heat off; add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in serving cups and leave them to cool. Put the rice pudding in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- You can serve plain or with jam next to it..
Rice puddings are a very well known Indian sweet recipe. But other cuisines around the world do also have rice pudding recipes with their personal touch and this rice pudding with pistachio that imparts a unique flavour to the rice pudding is also one of them. Lebanese Style Riz B Haleeb is thick and delicious and made by. Put on low fire and keep stirring. When the milk is almost evaporated, add vanilla and the remaining milk.