Chocolate Pudding. A Delicious Way to Enhance The Flavor of Sandwiches, Wraps & More! Chocolate Pudding Tips How can I avoid lumpy pudding? Puddings and custards can get lumpy.
Chocolate Cornstarch Pudding "Five stars for a humble, homemade chocolate pudding. Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding "This is a keeper! Get Chocolate Pudding Recipe from Food Network. You can have Chocolate Pudding using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream/heavy whipping cream.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 100 grams of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Chocolate pudding pie is a three-generation family favorite for us, so I am really picky about how I make it. This recipe is smooth, creamy, not too sweet when made properly. Be sure to cook over MEDIUM heat and don't get in a hurry after it boils, give it a few more minutes. This easy, kid friendly treat is a cinch to prepare and a great make-ahead option!
Chocolate Pudding step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the yolks, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Then add the 1/3 cup of milk to the mixture. Set aside..
- In a medium size saucepan, add the remaining milk along with the cream. Just before the milk and cream mixture was about to boil, turn off the heat..
- Ladle the hot milk and cream little by little into the mixture you set aside earlier and mix it making sure everything was incorporated well. IMPORTANT: DO NOT POUR ALL AT ONCE THE HOT MILK AND CREAM INTO THE YOLK MIXTURE! IT WILL SCRAMBLE YOUR EGGS..
- Then transfer back your mixture into the pan on a low heat stirring with a whisk constantly. Make sure the heat is low and you are mixing because it might burn under. You will know if the pudding is ready if it starts to resemble the texture of mayonnaise..
- When you reach your desired texture, turn off the heat then mix your finely chopped chocolate. If you see that the chocolate is not melting into the pudding, bring it back to a low heat then mix it until everything is incorporated..
- Do not be alarmed if there are lumps, just whisk vigorously and it will disappear by then. Serve chilled..
My family loves fruit desserts like Rhubarb Crisp and Strawberry Pie but sometimes I just need my chocolate fix! Light, creamy, rich, and chocolatey, this easy chocolate pudding recipe goes perfectly with fruit or on its own! This chocolate pudding, which is adapted from Dorie Greenspan, is everything you want in a creamy dessert: It's light and airy, just sweet enough, not too sticky, and above all, it tastes of good-quality chocolate. Since pudding travels so well, I have many times taken it on picnics for dessert or brought it to friends' houses for parties. In those cases, I'll usually do something more elaborate, like making a pudding parfait with a graham cracker layer on the bottom, chocolate pudding on top, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.