Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Preparing Maja Blanca is quick easy. This Filipino dessert is something that I recommend for aspiring home cooks.
Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium. You can have Maja Blanca using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- You need 500 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of condensed milk.
Maja Blanca is a creamy and light Filipino favorite dessert made from coconut milk. Mold in individual serving dishes for a fresh take on this light dessert. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl.
Maja Blanca step by step
- In a pan add some coconut milk. Let it boil. You can use coconut milk in a can or fresh coconut if you have it, that will be cool..
- Once it starts to boil, you can now add corn kernels and condense milk. Stir it and simmer it in low heat for 3 minutes. Add granulated sugar or honey if you like to be more sweet. DEPENDS ON THE DESIRED SWEETNESS YOU LIKE..
- While simmering it, you can now prepare the other ingredients. Mix fresh milk and corn starch..
- Add the mixture to the pan. At this point keep stirring it on low heat until the desired consistency is reached..
- Put it in any container. Let it cool, and refrigerate..
Maja blanca (Tagalog: [ˈmaha ˈblaŋka]) is a Ilocano dessert made primarily from coconut milk and milk. Also known as coconut pudding, it is usually served during fiestas and during the holidays. This dessert is usually served during fiestas and the holidays. Try this tasty maja blanca recipe. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour.