Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Preparing Maja Blanca is quick easy. This Filipino dessert is something that I recommend for aspiring home cooks.
Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium. You can cook Maja Blanca using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- It’s 1 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 can of corn kernel (370 ml).
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk (370 ml).
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut flakes.
Maja Blanca is a creamy and light Filipino favorite dessert made from coconut milk. Mold in individual serving dishes for a fresh take on this light dessert. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. Skim and reserve oil in a bowl.
Maja Blanca instructions
- Using medium heat,pour in the coconut milk,sugar and the corn kernel in a pan.Stir gently until sugar is melted. In a bowl,mix cornstarch and evaporated milk,stirring continuously until all the lumps disappear and only a smooth mixture is left.Occasionally stir the cornstarch mix while you wait for the coconut milk to boil gently to prevent the cornstarch from settling..
- Gradually add the cornstarch mix and raisins into the coconut milk,stirring continuously to incorporate the new mixture.Once done,start stirring the maja blanca quickly.This action helps develop the gluten in the cornstarch and cause it to thicken.Look for a consistency that is thick but not lumpy..
- Once the maja blanca is done,pour the mixture into a greased rectangular pan and allow to cool to set it..
- Sprinkle the top with coconut flakes or latik and cut into squares or triangles before serving..
Maja blanca (Tagalog: [ˈmaha ˈblaŋka]) is a Ilocano dessert made primarily from coconut milk and milk. Also known as coconut pudding, it is usually served during fiestas and during the holidays. This dessert is usually served during fiestas and the holidays. Try this tasty maja blanca recipe. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour.