Maja Blanca. Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Often called Coconut Pudding, this luscious dessert is easy to make and the ingredients are very common. Unknown to many, the original Maja Blanca Recipe does not include corn and milk. "Maja blanca is a Filipino favorite kakanin (dessert or snack.) This dish is sweet, delicate, soft, and creamy.
Maja Blanca Espesyal is a Filipino-style coconut pudding made extra delicious with evaporated and condensed milk. Sweet, creamy, and topped with latik, it's delicious as a snack or dessert. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium fire for some time. You can have Maja Blanca using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Maja Blanca
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 14 oz of condensed milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 15 oz of sweet corn.
This process will give you coconut oil and some brown solids, or 'latik' as we call it, which is common toppings for rice cakes and other Filipino desserts. You can check our post on how to make Latik. Maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that is usually served on holidays or special occasions. It is especially popular during Christmas time.
Maja Blanca instructions
- Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil..
- Add the sugar, condensed milk and sweet corn then stir until allthe ingredients are even distributed.
- Simmer for 10-12mins..
- Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisked until the cornstarch is diluted..
- Add cornstarch and milk mixture into cooking container and stir continously..
- Allow it to cook while stirring until you come with desired thickness.
- Pour the mixture into a serving tray and flatten the top surface by using a spatula or any flat tool..
- Cool it down and refrigerate for at least an hour..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
The base is like a coconut pudding with kernels of corn and milk mixed in it. This recipe uses several types of milk, coconut flakes and corn to create a deliciously sweet treat with gelatin-like consistency. Bring the mixture to a boil, add the corn kernels, and then stir in the cornstarch mixture, stirring quickly to avoid lumps as it becomes very thick. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour. Maja Blanca is made primarily of sweet corn with a creamy coconut milk base.