Brown Sugar Sauce for Bread Pudding. All Reviews for Berry Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Sauce. Tonight I made three bread pudding recipes (I had alot of left over hot dog and hamburger buns after a cookout). Bread pudding is the sort of blank-slate recipe that you can add anything to.
Christmas Croissant Pudding with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar SauceEpicurious. This is an awesome way to use up your left over, stale bread. You can use any type of bread (whole wheat, white, wheat free, etc.) You could also substitute. You can have Brown Sugar Sauce for Bread Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Sugar Sauce for Bread Pudding
- You need of The sauce!.
- You need 3/4 cup of butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk (your preferrence).
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cloves.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of corn starch.
View top rated Bourbon brown sugar sauce for bread pudding recipes with ratings and reviews. My DH loves bread pudding and got this recipe from work and wanted me to try it. In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients except bread. Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for spice flavor.
Brown Sugar Sauce for Bread Pudding instructions
- Using a small saucepan, throw everything in except the corn starch..
- On medium high heat, babysit the sauce, stirring constantly so as not to let anything burn to the bottom and keep the milk from scorching..
- When your sauce is almost to boiling point, take it off the burner and pour out some sauce into a plastic glass (you won't get burned as you would using glass). Now add the cornstarch to the plastic glass and stir vigorously with a fork..
- Put the saucepan back on the burner and add the sauce from the plastic glass back into the pan. Continue stirring until desired thickness. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
This brown sugar sauce is an excellent topping for bread pudding, waffles, pound cake or apple pie. For the bread pudding, cut or tear bread into pieces and place in a large bowl. A whiskey-brown sugar sauce bolstered by roasted cashews and pecans is what gives this bread pudding sublime flavor and satisfying texture. Beat together milk, remaining brown sugar, eggs. Place stale bread in a bowl with milk and squeeze the bread with your hand until well saturated with milk.