Chocolate Haupia Pie. A chocolate haupia pie combines the popular dessert with rich chocolate and fresh-baked pie crust for an even more delectable dessert. Gently spread white haupia on top of chocolate layer. Chocolate haupia pie is a Hawaiian dessert favorite.
The remaining custard is mixed with chocolate and poured on top. The pie is chilled and then topped with stabilized whipped cream. Now, chocolate haupia pie is taking haupia, adding some chocolate, and putting it in a pie. You can cook Chocolate Haupia Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Haupia Pie
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Coconut extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of semisweet chips.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of Chocolate shavings.
Did I need to explain that, or did the name give it away?! That's fine and good and all, but sometimes I like graham cracker crust more than pie crust. For Gluten Free Chocolate Haupia Pie. Simply substitute your favorite gluten free pie crust!
Chocolate Haupia Pie instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine milk, coconut milk, sugar & extract in a pan, bring to a boil then a low simmer.
- combine water & starch in a separate bowl.
- slowly add the starch mix to the pan.
- melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- separate the cream mixture in half. add melted chocolate to one half.
- add the chocolate mix to the crust,, then the other half as a second layer..
- refrigerate for 5-8hrs to set..
- top with whipped cream & chocolate shavings.
You can use a gluten free graham cracker recipe to keep the crumb crust. Or, use a standard store bought or homemade gluten free pie crust. Substitute any type of chocolate you'd like for the chocolate layer of the pie. Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.