Rice Pudding. With a little investigation, I found that there are two basic. Rice pudding is a wonderful way to use up leftover rice. Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort There are countless ways to make rice pudding, from a simple, egg-less kind, to the custard-like.
Try our easy rice pudding recipes for maximum comfort factor. Rice Pudding Recipe – deliciously creamy, quick and easy treat that makes a good alternative to breakfast oatmeal. It's dusted off with cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with raisins for an ultimate. You can have Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding
- You need 5 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- You need 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rosewater.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
This rice pudding recipe is really easy to make, I had a request to make a video on rice pudding, so here we go. Typically served as a desert, but you can eat it whenever you want. Rice Pudding meets all the criteria of a comfort food. That is, it evokes feelings of nostalgia, it is simple to make, uses the most basic of ingredients (milk, rice, and sugar), and tastes good.
Rice Pudding instructions
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put the milk and rice with ½ cup water and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir until the mixture thickens..
- While continuously stirring, add sugar and the dissolved cornstarch..
- After 5 min, turn the heat off; add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in serving cups and leave them to cool. Put the rice pudding in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- You can serve plain or with jam next to it..
There's nothing like it in the world. You've gotta use medium-grain rice when you make rice pudding. The first time I ever had rice pudding was when I was in college. I spent a semester in Spain and This amazing woman often spent all day cooking, and made the rice pudding fresh in the morning. Stir up a dreamy rice pudding for the ultimate comfort food.