AMIEs Maja Blanca (sweet coconut corn pudding). Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Often called Coconut Pudding, this luscious dessert is easy to make and the ingredients are very common. Unknown to many, the original Maja Blanca Recipe does not include corn and milk.
Grate cheese on top of the maja blanca and place inside the fridge. It's tastier when its served cool. A thick sweet coconut-flavored pudding with sweet kernels of corn and topped with toasted coconut, maja blanca is a favorite dessert of the Philippines. You can cook AMIEs Maja Blanca (sweet coconut corn pudding) using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Maja Blanca (sweet coconut corn pudding)
- You need 2 liter of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of condensed milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter, softened.
- Prepare 200 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 750 grams of corn kernels (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 175 grams of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of toasted coconut flakes (optional).
Bring the mixture to a boil, add the corn kernels, and then stir in the cornstarch mixture, stirring quickly to avoid lumps as it becomes very thick. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. It a coconut pudding that is basically a combination of coconut You may add corn kernels to give some contrast. Some use sugar as a sweetener but I opted to use sweetened condensed milk to make it creamier.
AMIEs Maja Blanca (sweet coconut corn pudding) instructions
- Put the corn, coconut milk, condensed milk, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and butter together in a food processor. Blend the ingredients until smooth and pureed. Pour the mixture in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened..
- Remove from heat and stir in the egg yolk and some corn kernels, if you want. Mix well to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pudding mold and refrigerate for 6 hours, or until set. Invert into a serving plate and garnish with toasted coconut flakes, if desired..
Maja Blanca Espesyal is a Filipino-style coconut pudding made extra delicious with evaporated and condensed milk. Sweet, creamy, and topped with latik, it's If you're looking for the ultimate dessert, this Filipino-style coconut milk dessert is your answer. With soft bites of luscious pudding generously. How to Make Maja Blanca with Sweet Corn. Raise your hand if you love pulled pork!