You can have Coconut Kheer using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Kheer
- You need 1 cup of Black rice.
- It’s as needed of Water to soak.
- You need 3 cups of Coconut milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare As needed of Mango slices.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of corn starch/corn flour.
Coconut Kheer step by step
- Soak the black rice for 8 hours in water. Use enough water so that the rice is covered with it..
- Drain the water completely. Be careful not to leave any access water in the rice..
- After the water us drained, steam the rice for 25 to 30 min or till rice is chewy. Alternatively you can cook the rice in water. 1 cup of rice needs around 3 cups of water, but as we will cook the rice in coconut milk as well, use only 2 cups instead..
- While the rice is steaming, keep aside 3 tbsps of coconut milk. Hear rest of the coconut milk with sugar on medium heat. You don't need to boil it, just heat till the sugar dissolves.
- Once the rice is a little chewy, add it to heated coconut milk and cook further till all the liquid is soaked. Adjust the sugar according to your taste. Stir occasionally to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- While the rice is cooking, use the coconut milk set aside to make sweet and salty accompaniment. Add 1/3 tsp of corn flour to 3 tbsp of coconut milk, a pich of salt and a pich of sugar. Heat till it thickens. Set aside..
- Once the rice is cooked and all the coconut milk is soaked up, serve with mango slices and the sweet and salty accompaniment made earlier. It cab be served both hot and cold.