Caramelized bread pudding. Add The Real Cream Difference Of Reddi Wip® To Real Delicious Bread Pudding Creations! Whip Up Something Sweet Your Family Will Love. Find The Perfect Bread Pudding Recipe!
We all like it warm best. Caramel Bread Pudding Caramel Bread Pudding. Place the bread pudding in a roasting pan, and pour warm water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the pudding dish. You can have Caramelized bread pudding using 5 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramelized bread pudding
- It’s 4 slices of sandwich bread or 6 slices small bread.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of whole milk or 375 ml whole milk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence.
The pudding will be springy to the touch. Sweet caramelized pears are the highlight of this comforting, custardy, raisin-studded bread pudding. When turned out of its baking dish, the flanlike pudding sits in a pool of intense caramel syrup, making it worthy of any holiday table. Cut each slice in half on the diagonal and then again into quarters.
Caramelized bread pudding instructions
- Chop 4 slices of sandwich bread into cubes. The smaller the better as then they can be easily mashed..
- Keep the pan on a low flame and stir so that the sugar dissolves..
- Once the milk has become hot, remove the pan from heat. Add the bread cubes to the milk..
- Mash very well with a masher or spatula. The bread crumbs need to be mashed finely. If not, then small pieces of bread will be felt in the pudding..
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and stir. Keep this mashed bread and milk mixture aside..
- In another pan take 2 to 2.5 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp water. You can use any pan as long as the pudding mixture fits into it keeping about 1/2 to 1 inch space from the top..
- Now place this pan on stove top and begin to melt the sugar. Using a spoon stir this mixture while the sugar is melting..
- Keep on stirring to get an even colour and caramelization..
- When the colour turns to a golden with small bubbles appearing, the caramel is ready..
- Switch off and with the help of tongs or gloves, lift the pan and quickly start tilting & moving the pan, so that the caramel gets coated evenly on all sides. Be careful as the caramel is very hot and the pan too. You have to be quick as once the caramel starts cooling, it sets..
- Now in the pan, spoon the mashed bread and milk mixture..
- Cover with an aluminium foil and poke holes with a tooth pick in the foil..
- Boil required amount of water in a broad pan in which the pudding pan can easily fit. The amount of water to be added depends on the size of the pan..
- Place the pudding pan carefully in the broad pan. Cover with a lid..
- Steam on a medium flame for 25 to 30 minutes till the caramel bread pudding is set..
Also, it is the best way to use any left over slices of bread. It's creamy, slightly firmer and not too sweet compared to a traditional Leche flan. Serve warm with whipped topping and caramel topping. Peachy Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce Peachy Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce. Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe Have a taste of this simple yet stunning dessert, delicately coated with caramel.