Bread pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can cook Bread pudding using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread pudding
- It’s for of making bread pudding:.
- Prepare 4 slices of bread (also use brown ormulti grain breads).
- Prepare 1.5 cups of milk.
- You need 4 tbspn of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need For of making caramel:.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of water.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread pudding instructions
- Procedure for making caramel and bread pudding mixture:.
- Chop 4 bread slices into cubes Now in a pan take 1.5 cups milk..
- Add 4 tbsp sugar and 1 tspn cornstarch..
- Keep the pan on a low flame and stir until the sugar dissolves..
- Heat the milk on a low flame, no need to boil. Once the milk has become hot, remove the pan from heat. Add the bread cubes to the milk..
- Mash them very well, the bread crumbs need to be mashed finely. If you not then small pieces of bread will be felt in the pudding..
- Add 1/2 tspn vanilla essence and stir.keep the mashed bread and milk aside..
- In another pan take 3 tbspn sugar and 1 tbsp and water. You can use any pan as long as the pudding mixture fits into it keeping space from top..
- Now place this pan on the stove and begin the sugar to melt, using a spoon stir the mixture, at a stage when you will see lots of bubbles in the sugar solution then the solution will start turning brown..
- Keep on stirring to get an even colour and caramelization..
- Switch off and quickly start tilting and moving the pan, so that the caramel gets coated evenly on all sides..
- Now in the pan, spoon the mashed bread and the milk mixture..
- Cover with an aluminum foil and poke holes with the tooth pick in the foil..
- Procedure for steaming in an electric cooker: Boil about 3 cups water in the cooker. Start heating the water when you are making the caramel. When the water becomes hot, place the pudding pan in the steamer pan. Steam for 30 mins till the caramel bread pudding is set..
- Now keep the pudding in the refrigerator for couple of hours and then unmold it. You can slice the pudding and serve them with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce or with icecream..
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.