Turkish rice pudding. Turkish-style rice pudding is like grandma's good old fashioned custard baked in the oven. Turkish rice pudding Sutlaç is one of the most popular Milky Turkish desserts served in Turkish restaurants. There is a similar dessert called Umm Ali in.
The best thing I love about this recipe is the simplicity of it. In fact, this Turkish rice pudding can be also made without an oven at all. The main mixture is cooked on a stovetop, while an oven is only used for slightly burning the surface. You can cook Turkish rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish rice pudding
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rice.
- Prepare 4 1/4 cup+ 2tbsp of Milk.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup+2 tbsp of Sugar for sprinkling.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder for sprinkling.
- You need 4-5 Tbsp of Chopped pistachios.
After cooking the Turkish Rice Pudding, pour it into individual ovenproof bowls. Pour about half of the pudding into the chilled, sugared pan, using an offset spatula to spread it evenly into the corners. Traditional turkish dessert rice pudding.close up ready to eat turkish rice puding sutlac. Turkish Rice Pudding – Fırın Sütlaç.
Turkish rice pudding step by step
- In a small bowl add 4Tbsp of milk along with 1Tbsp melted butter..
- Whisk milk and butter mixture thoroughly and keep aside to be used later..
- Wash rice 3-4 times or until water runs clear of the starch..
- In a deep heavy bottom pan or kadai add washed rice with enough water to cover it by about 1/2 inch..
- Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Let the rice simmer gently until the rice is soft, about 5-10 minutes..
- Stir in between.Time may vary to cook rice. So keep checking in between for the doneness of rice..
- In another pan add 4 cup milk,milk butter mixture, vanilla essence,sugar and bring to boil..
- In meantime mix 1/4 cup milk and 3Tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl..
- Now add boiled milk to cooked rice. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it boil very gently for about 10 minutes..
- Using a whisk again mix together the milk and the cornstarch until smooth..
- While stirring, gradually add this mixture into the rice..
- Simmer uncovered on a low heat and stiring frequently for about 10-15 mts..
- When the pudding thickens,remove from the heat and fill ramekins cups with the hot mixture.Let pudding cool to a room temperature..
- Preheat oven to 180*c for 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle lightly sugar over pudding and place in the oven under the broiler until the surface is lightly browned..
- Let the cups cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for 2-4 hours..
- Before serving sprinkle cinnamon powder and chopped pistachios..
Closeup of rice with green pistachios on a round white plate with a. Turkish Rice With Fideos, Turkish Rice Pilaf With Orzo, Sütlaç – Turkish Rice Pudding. Turkish rice pudding is very special because of its creamy texture and golden topping. Even though rice pudding is a world-renowned dessert, each country approaches it with its own style. Learn how to make Turkish Rice Pudding.