Milk Pudding with Maple Syrup. The maple syrup pudding is an 'upgraded' version of poor man's pudding, which uses brown sugar syrup. The maple syrup will sink to the bottom. Canned coconut milk would probably work as well and result in even creamier/richer pudding with a stronger coconut flavor.
You may stir regular or golden raisins. I may be somewhat opinionated about where maple syrup works best since we have a large maple operation in northern Vermont. Pudding will form a skin on the surface if left uncovered. You can have Milk Pudding with Maple Syrup using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Milk Pudding with Maple Syrup
- Prepare 12 grams of Sugar.
- You need 4 grams of Cornstarch.
- You need 2 grams of Powdered kanten.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Maple syrup.
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk.
- You need 50 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Maple syrup (flavor).
Sprinkle with raisins; stir just until combined. If desired, drizzle with maple syrup or melted caramel or fudge sauce or. Serve warm; whipped cream or ice cream are always welcome. Rice Pudding With Almond Milk Recipes.
Milk Pudding with Maple Syrup step by step
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, and powdered kanten to a heat-resistant container and mix well with a whisk..
- Add the remaining (liquid) ingredients and mix well to keep it smooth..
- Heat for 5 minutes in the microwave unwrapped. Mix 2 – 3 times in between (I use a 800W microwave)..
- Since this is a pudding that uses cornstarch and kanten powder, boil well to fully melt the katen and get the cornstarch creamy..
- Strain while still hot. Straining makes for a nice texture..
- Pour into the cups. Once cooled, place in the refrigerator..
- Since this pudding stiffens with katen, if you don't work while the pudding mixture is still hot, it'll result in a bad texture, so please be careful..
- Once it's properly cooled, it's complete. I recommend serving after removing from the cups. If you like, serve with maple syrup..
- Smooth and creamy. Neither too stiff or too soft, and it goes down nicely with a light feel..
- Since I intended to top with maple syrup, the pudding itself isn't that sweet..
Sticky Toffee Pudding With Sticky Toffee SauceOne Green Planet. Nothing says fall like pumpkin bread pudding enriched with coconut milk. Try our easy pumpkin bread pudding recipe – the perfect Thanksgiving dessert. For the Spiced Maple Syrup, mix all ingredients in microwavable bowl or measuring cup. The pudding itself has maple syrup in it too, so it tastes super rich and smooth.