Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF. If you are a fan of beautiful French artisan bread, become a fan of Vicky's bread, the little but brilliant Cornish bakery. Great recipe for Vickys Easter Apple Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns, GF DF EF SF NF. These are lovely spiced buns with my own added extra.
The cross on top symbolises the cross that. Great recipe for Vickys Easter Hot Cross Scones, GF DF EF SF NF. I had just enough flour left to make these treats for the kids to make up for the lockdown stopping us going to the traditional National Trust Easter Egg Hunt that we've done every Easter Weekend since they were little. You can cook Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 50 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine / butter.
- Prepare 6 of hot cross buns, recipe from my profile vic20adamant.
- You need 1 tbsp of sultanas.
- You need 1 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Custard.
- You need 350 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 50 ml of coconut cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder or cornstarch.
- You need 25 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Andrew Whitley's Bread Matters is a good comprehensive book for English style breads. Half the book is devoted to denouncing modern commercial bread, and is a bit evangelical even for me! However, it is strong on traditional recipes like muffins and hot cross buns, and also has a great gluten-free chapter. Great recipe for Vickys Crumbed Fish with Garlic Mushrooms, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Grease a 2 pint pie / ovenproof dish with a little of the dairy-free spread. Cut each hot cross bun in half, spread each piece thickly with the remaining butter, then cut each half again diagonally. Cover the base of the pie dish with overlapping triangles of bun pieces, butter side up.
- Lightly sprinkle over a little nutmeg and cinnamon and a few raisins and sultanas. Repeat this layer one more time or until the dish is filled. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and sultanas on top.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar (leaving a little aside for topping) and arrowroot together. Add a little of the milk to make a paste then keep whisking as you add the rest of the milk. Warm it over a low heat and add the cream and vanilla in. Alternatively you can use my custard recipe which is posted in my profile.
- Pour the custard mixture evenly over the bread. Gently press the surface with your fingers to push the bread into the custard. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface then leave to one side for 30 mins to let the custard soak into the buns. Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the buns have absorbed all the liquid and the top is golden and serve hot. Delicious!.
We also produce olive breads and other specialty breads on special days and at the weekends. And it makes all the difference in the world. This bread is much better and has a much bettter crumb to it. Sometimes I add Italian herbs and garlic powder. If you are a fan of beautiful French artisan bread, become a.