Malabi Rose flavoured Muskmelon Milk Pudding. Almond milk—especially homemade—is a very traditional option, though modern cooks may opt for soy or even coconut milk. Rose water isn't the only flavoring option; orange flower water is also lovely. In Persian Jewish cuisine, cardamom is a common addition to malabi-style pudding.
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly to make sure the mixture is smooth and does not boil over. Here in Israel we call it malabi. Sounds like a dessert for children, and children naturally do love it, but I've been served malabi in restaurants and at dinner parties. You can cook Malabi Rose flavoured Muskmelon Milk Pudding using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malabi Rose flavoured Muskmelon Milk Pudding
- Prepare 3 cup of full fat milk.
- You need 1 cup of muskmelon.
- It’s 1 tbs of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbs of rose water.
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rose syrup.
- You need 1 tbs of Rose essence.
- It’s 1 sheet of agar agar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fruit chunks.
- You need 1/2 cup of Solid milk.
- Prepare 4 tbs of Black raisins.
- It’s as required of Mint leaves for garnishing.
There are two ways to make malabi: one is an old-fashioned, rice-flour based version. Modern cooks often prefer to use cornstarch. Malabi with orange Muhallebi is a simple milk pudding thickened with rice flour or cornflour and flavored with rose water or orange blossom water or both. This pudding, known as Mahalabia, is a rose water and orange blossom flavored milk pudding, topped with a variety of nuts and an rose water simple syrup.
Malabi Rose flavoured Muskmelon Milk Pudding step by step
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the milk with the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of rose water. Mix well with a fork or clean fingers, until the mixture is smooth and lump free..
- Peel and chop the muskmelon and grind into smooth paste..
- In a heavy bottom pan, combine the remaining 1.5 cups of milk with the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves..
- When bubbles comes out, reduce the heat to low. Give the cornstarch mixture a stir, and add it to the simmering milk, stirring constantly..
- Cook the pudding for 5-6 minutes until it thickens. Next turn off the flame and let it cool for some time..
- When it's cool down add the muskmelon puree, mix it and keep it in a fridge..
- For rose syrup soak the agar agar in water and wait until it melts. On a mixing bowl add rose essense, syrup, sugar, agar agar water and mix very well. Pour the solution in a serving glass and keep it in a fridge until it sets completely..
- Now when you want to serve take the rose syrup glass out then pour slowly the prepared muskmelon pudding with the help of spoon..
- Next sprinkle crushed milk solid on the top.Garnish the pudding with kiwi, muskmelon, black raisins chunks..
- Decorate with star shaped muskmelon and mint leaves. Serve chill and enjoy the colourful Malabi Rose flavoured muskmelon pudding..
Place the pan on flame and begin heating it on a low flame. Mean while in a bowl pour remaining milk and add rice flour. To serve malabi, top each pudding with the rose water syrup. In Israel, "malabi" (מלבי) is a popular dessert is usually flavored with culinary rose water. It is made from milk cooked with corn starch or rice flour and rose syrup, and sometimes the milk is replaced with almond juice to make the pudding pareve.